Trick or treat! While Halloween is one of the best nights of the year for kids around the world, it can still be one of the most dangerous nights, too. To ensure that you and your family have a fun and safe Halloween, we have gathered a list of Halloween Safety Tips, which you can review below!
1. Wear comfy shoes. As you’ll be doing a fair amount of walking, we suggest to wear more comfortable shoes. This way, there will hopefully be less complaining. :)
2. Stay well-lit. We recommend using reflective tape on your kids’ costumes and/or candy bags. This will help make you visible to drivers. Flashlights and glow sticks will also come in handy!
3. Avoid masks. These can give you a hard time seeing and breathing.
4. Use flexible props. If your child’s costume includes a weapon, be sure to always use a flexible prop. You don’t want your child harming themselves or others!
5. Last but not least: Check your candy. This is a fairly standard rule. You want to make sure that you didn’t receive any candy that may have been tampered with. If you receive any candy that’s either not in its original packaging, or it looks like it was previously opened, throw it away!
We hope these tips help make this Halloween your best one yet!